Friday, April 29, 2016



I started this painting last year for IlluXcon 7 but wasn't able to finish it in time.  I started with a graphite drawing on watercolor paper and then sealed it with shellac.  I decided I would try to be fresh and experimental by doing the background first and loosely putting in leaves and greenery.  I added in flowers, birds and butterflies freely, without getting too tied down to realism or design.  It was interesting, a departure from my very planned out cover illustration work.



  1. I think the results speak for themselves! I really do like the loose, free quality of the background foliage and flowers, and the birds are a perfect touch. Just lovely.