Wednesday, May 13, 2009

This Little Piggy went to Market -At the Spring Handmade Cavalcade!

My Sunday morning of volunteering for the SHC at the Bell House in Brooklyn, after a run to buy toilet paper and an hour of handing out fliers, turned into a shopping spree! Since I live in Westchester, it was my first time to see some the shops of the New New in person. To invoke the Martha, also a Westchester denizen, there were so many "Good Things" that it was hard to stop openning up the wallet.
The first item I just could not resist was this joyous little pillow from Cakehouse, that matched my sky blue & floral livingroom perfectly.

The end of the school year approaches, so I found these two bright and charming notebooks from Journalistic Tendencies, handmade with recycled papers, and just the right gift for my daughter's teacher.


Next, I restocked my supply of birthday cards from Waisze - all cupcakes, to remind my nearest and dearest of my own little cupcake beads.



Since it was Mother's Day I had to pick up this sterling silver cat mask pendant from Caja Jewelry for my hip, pootie loving Mom. Such a modern little gem! I'd hearted it on Etsy and found I could not resist in person.


Lastly, I was not going out that door without 2 boxes of tiny cupcakes from Nine Cakes. After a chinese dinner out, they made for a charming dessert. So lovely, with firm, pure tasting cake and the most silky smooth buttercream we've had in ages. Bravo, Nine Cakes!


Home again, Home again, Jiggety Jig!


No comments:

Post a Comment